Being part of the School Council is a great way to stay informed about the school and to have voice about the school's operation. We hope you will join us at our meetings this year. Any items for the agenda can be brought to chairperson, Kathy Hurkens, or can be left in the School Council mailbox in the office. Minutes from the meetings will be linked below.
Upcoming School Council Meeting Dates
Please join us for our School Council Meetings! We meet in the Library at the school on the second or third Tuesday of the month from 6:30- 8:00 p.m.
2019 Dates TBA
Chairperson: Anna Schultz
Vice Chairperson: Bobbie Fox
Treasurer: Kathy Hurkens
Secretary: Kristina Hurkens
District School Council Representative: .Meagan Bergey and Amber Johanson
Please consider joining our 2017/2018 School Council. We are looking forward to a great year and want to hear your voice! Please click here for more information on Alberta School Councils' Association.
Westminster welcomes parent and community volunteers! Volunteers have the opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of ways including:
- assisting with our breakfast program
- reading with students
- supporting our learning commons
- attending field trips
- helping in classrooms
- assisting with our Enrichment Friday programming
- provinding your skills set to our Frontiers of Innovation project
- helping with centre activities
- tracing, cutting, glueing for Christmas activities
- putting up bulletin boards
- assisting with skating trips
- helping with the Book Fair
- helping to pick-up and/or deliver hot lunches
Please contact Kim Cameron in the office at 403-327-4169 if you are interested in volunteer opportunities at Westminster School. All volunteers are asked to please make arrangements in advance and sign in at the office upon arrival. Please be sure to sign out when you leave as well. Thank you. All volunteers are required to complete a Volunteer Registration Form. We appreciate all volunteer contributions made to our school. This year our Volunteer Appreciation will be held on May 19th at 9am. All volunteers are invited to attend.
Volunteer of the Year Recognition
- 2015/2016 - All of our Amazing Reading Ladies
- 2014/2015 - Meagan Bergey
- 2013/2014 - Amber Johansen