Early Education to Grade 5
We love our little school located in the heart of the city and are proud of the many ways children shine here at Westminster! We have exceptional students who show care, empathy, and a thirst for learning. Our staff is committed to "going the extra mile" for our students; offering strong academic programs while promoting health and wellness through the arts and athletic opportunities.
It takes a village to raise a child. Our small population affords us the opportunity to develop strong relationships with families in order to support the learning needs of all of our students. Our classrooms are busy, active, Multi-age learning spaces that provide rich experiences for children. We offer enrichment activities, field trips, fine arts, daily breakfast, and strong co-curricular programs to support the development of the whole child. We have an active School Council and strong community partners who make our school an even better place for children.
Westminster School Goals
- Students will achieve growth in their literacy skills.
- Students will access technology to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Students will develop ownership for their leadership skills in academics, physical and social/emotional well-being.
- Everyone will be a leader.
Westminster School Vision
The purpose of education is to provide the necessary skills to develop productive Canadian Citizens. Our vision is to increase student, parent and community engagement to promote excellence in achievement.
Lisa Gomke-Prawdzik, Vice Principal
Learners are innovative thinkers who are successful, confident, respectful and caring.
Lethbridge School District No. 51 is inclusive, forward-thinking and accountable for engaging students in quality learning experiences that develop strong foundations, innovative minds and responsible citizens.
- We believe that students and learning come first.
- We believe all of our students can learn.
- We believe positive teacher-student and student-student relationships create learning environments that help students become respectful, caring and responsible citizens.
- We believe that exemplary teaching is directly linked to excellence in learning.
- We believe that out-of-classroom contributions enhance our school and community.
- We believe that our Dream School concept positively impacts and enhances student experiences.